[IP] diabetes keeping me from aquiring disability

Hi.  I am fairly new to this group (this is my first post).  I am hoping to
get some information on a problem that I came upon this week.  I am a school
teacher and I have very good insurance.  During the summer we are required to
meet with an American Fidelity representative.  This is optional and
supplemental insurance coverage.  The representative talked to me about
disability, which would monetarily cover the time that I will miss when I
have a baby.  When I go on leave, I will be paid only for the days that I
have sick days to cover.  After that, I can have time off without pay.  The
disability would kick in after my sick days were gone.  When I told her that
I wanted this she began to fill out the paper work.  She asked if I had been
diagnosed within the last 10 years of a number of diseases, one being
diabetes.  When I told her that I had (9/97) she asked if I was insulin
dependent.  I told her that I was.  She immediately said that she was sorry,
but that she knew her company wouldn't write a policy for me.  If I did not
control my diabetes with insulin I would be fine.  It seems to me that this
is some form of discrimination.  My question is this.  Does anyone know of
any insurance companies that would provide this kind of disability?  Or maybe
of any Internet resources that I could check into?  I do not want to pay a
huge premium, but just would like to know what's out there.  Thanks in