Re: [IP] Disconnect in the sun?

In a message dated 7/8/02 11:08:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I've also experienced high blood sugars after lounging in the pool.  At
> first, I thought it was due to sunburn (I'm rather pale and do sunburn
> easily), but now I'm wondering if it's the heat (or a combination of the
> two).  Is it better to disconnect and maybe reconnect every half hour or
> so to bolus?  Generally, the high bs happen AFTER I'm out of the pool,
> but they happen too often for it to be a coincidence.

Mary doesn't experience highs after the pool and she never takes hers off
(Animas)...however, I have these little camping ice cube thingys that will
slide in by the pump and keep if cool if necessary...very inexpensive at the
camping supply place (Outdoor World here)......