Re: [IP] Trigger finger and diabetes

I have had six trigger fingers released and bilateral carpal tunnel repairs.
All of them have basically been simple surgeries.  Outpatient, awake with
some sort of a numbing block on the hand that they were operating on.  My
pinkies and my thumbs are the only fingers that so far have not triggered, so
they of course have not been repaired.  I have found that the cortisone shots
would throw my sugars into the sky so I immediately opted for the surgery.
Depending on who your surgeon is, they can do a trigger release and a carpal
tunnel release at the same time, so long as they are on the same hand.  For
the earlier trigger repairs, I stalled much longer (like for two or three
months) for the surgery and the physical therapy portion of the treatment
took much longer.  Any questions, e-mail me directly.