Re: [IP] A1C results

In a message dated 7/8/2002 11:12:45 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> People who get below a 7 test constantly and must eat very little
>  carbohydrate.

My 11 year old does test 8-12 times a day but, believe me, she is NOT on a
low carb diet . . . A growing girl like her (already 5' 4" and 110 lbs) gets
HUNGRY -- especially when she hits a growth spurt!  At those times, it's not
unusual for her to eat 120 to 150 carbs or more at ONE MEAL (and still want a
snack an hour later!) . . . Although I must admit that on most days she eats
more like 200-250 grams per day -- but thats still hardly a low carb diet.
SInce she started pumping a year ago she has had four a1c tests -- all of
them ranging from 6.2 to 6.7 -- and thats with raging hormones, very few
lows, and as close to a "normal" 11 year old lifestyle as we can manage . . .

Pumpmama to Katie