[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #441

> Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:12:55 US/Eastern
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] diabetics in movies...Steel Magnolias
> There's a scene in that movie where they are getting their hair done and the
> diabetic character has a reaction...  do people really have reactions like
> that?  People I know who have seen the movie always say, "does that ever happen
> to you?"  Sure I have reactions, bad ones too, but I have never acted like the
> girl in the movie did.  I'm just curious to know if anybody else has those
> syptoms, or if it was just played that way for the movie.
> Julie
> >
> > That movie was called "Steel Magnolias".  Julia ended up dying after
> > giving birth to her son was too hard on her kidneys.

  It was not just played that way for the movies! I have had reactions
like that. Just ask my hairdresser. I had one like that a few years
after the movie came out while I was having my hair done. It's a good
thing my hairdresser had seen the movie and reacted as quickly as she
did. It's now a running joke with her that I have to check my BG before
she will let me sit in her chair!

Karen in North Pole, AK
Dx'ed 1971
Pumping since 1996