Re: [IP] Trigger Finger

Hi Eileen,

I too have had trigger finger.  Several years ago it started in my right ring
finger.  It is VERY painful, so much so that I could hardly write.  The first
thing the docs will try is cortisone shots (but this can wreak havoc with
BGs).  I did do that one time, but the pain and swelling came right back.
After that, the next option was surgery to release the tendon.  It was
relatively painless with just local anesthesia and kind of fascinating to
watch LOL  This took care of the problem and it has not returned in that
hand.  However it has now started in my left hand (same finger) and I am
thinking about the surgery for that one.  Good luck to you in whatever you
decide.....but if it were me I'd go for the surgery.  The cortisone was a
waste of time and money.