[IP] Artificial Pancreas

I was reading a summary of the report on AP presented at the ADA meeting.
Medtronic has an AP in trials in France:  ten patients have used it, and the
results were that they averaged 60% control.  The average among all diabetics
is about 25% control.  The doctor in charge of the research was pleased with
the results.  I think that Medtronic integrated the Paradigm and the
Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGMS) to come up with the AP.

According to a report on our local TV news (channel 2 in St. Louis), the AP is
about three years away from FDA approval.  Perhaps this is one of the reasons
that the Paradigm supplies are proprietary, so that when the AP is approved,
Medtronic will have a corner on the market.  Not only for the AP, but also for
the supplies.  Just my thoughts.