[IP] Q about pregnancy & renal failure

I was just wondering what you all know about the risk to kidneys (and eyes
and whatever else) from pregnancy.  I was under the impression that if I had
no signs of complications before conceiving that pregnancy was not very
risky.  I would be interested in hearing your story if you want to tell it
Gina, and anything that anyone else knows about this.  Is it really possible
to go from having healthy kidneys to renal failure during the course of a
pregnancy (thought that normally was a progressive thing that took a while).
  Thanks for any info.