If you can get a copy of the book  "Pumping Insulin" before your training, it
will probably help you out a lot. There are formulas that you start with and
then, some trial and error while you  figure out exactly what ratios, etc. work
for you. The book includes instructions on how to test all of your basil rates to
see if they are working, as well as other tests for carb rations and stuff like

You can buy the book at the pumpers web site.