Re: [IP] Earthquakes and Diabetes

In a message dated 7/6/2002 2:28:53 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Our question to all of you is how
>  have you handled both the home earthquake kits and school earthquake kits.
>  Keeping all of these stocked with insulin and Glucagon is quite challenging
>  and costly!!! Any advice?

costly & a hassle -- yes, but I bought a mini-fridge to have a my daughter's
school and she has supplies at school (both for pump and even injections --
though no long action insulin) plus snacks & juice to get through a couple of
days whether from a "lock down" situation (i.e. a man-made emergency) or some
type of natural disaster  (we're not in earthquake country, but I grew up
there) .  .  . to me, it's worth the peace of mind

Pumpmam to Katie