Re: [IP] Question about Animas pump and insertion sets

In a message dated 7/6/2002 11:07:41 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> What I"m wondering is, can you use the ultraflex inserter set with the
>  Pump??

The Animas pump uses the industry standard luer lock connection on it's
insulin cartridges, so you can use ANY type of infusion set on the market . .
.  My daughter has been using the Minimed Quickset (similar to the Dis.
Ultraflex but comes with an insertion device) with her Animas pump for the
last year.

I know that you can order the various Minimed infusion sets directly from
Animas (along with their "Comfort" set) when you order your pump supplies
(cartridges, etc.).  I don't know if they carry the Ultraflexes or not -- but
you can always order them seperately directly from Disetronic.  Animas
couldn't get the Quicksets when my Katie first started pumping, so in the
beginning I just ordered her sets directly from Minimed . . .

Pumpmama to Katie