[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #442

I thought Steel Magnolias was also a well done movie.  I can relate to the
bruises on Julia Roberts are from dialysis.  It used to happen to me quite
often when I had a natural AV fistula and if my arm infiltrated it would
bruise up just like that and last for 3-4 weeks.  It makes the arm almost
unusable until the bump from the infiltration heals - which can sometimes
take a few days while they are trying to find new spots to put the needles.

With my graft I do not get the infiltrations, it is harder to pierce thru....

3 years hemo - renal failure due to pregnancy
18 years T1

<< Keep in mind, people do not like too much reality. Unlike cancer, diabetes
 is perceived by the public as a clean disease. There is virtually no stigma
 to having diabetes, unlike cancer. I thought the movie was well done. The
 ending was very real, I've seen renal failure after and during pregnancy.,
  Contrary to popular belief, thinking does not cause brain damage.
 A. L. Bender, M. D.
 email @ redacted