Re: [IP] steell magnolias: Synopsis and more......

Steel Magnolias (1989)

Based on a true incident of screenwriter Harling's mother and sister. The
story is set in a small-town beauty shop near New Orleans, and spans
several years in the lives of the shop's owner and her customers.

To some it's not real enough and to others it's too real......

Each time I have seen it, I have experienced tears in varying amounts.   I
would love to be in enough denial to not acknowledge how real some of the
situations from the movie can be.....

When people demand that public service announcements (American Diabetes
Association - early 80s) be removed from T.V. because they were too
"emotionally threatening".......    I still remember 2 (of the 4) that I
saw and they were also real - almost too real.

And talking about the feelings that come up is too much for some....

Take what you like and leave the rest,

Jim S.