[IP] diabetics in movies

> > I found
> it "funny" that they never showed her testing herself,
> > probably because she (well, her character, that is) was still doing
> testing.
> >
> > Susan
> They never showed her doing shots either...or going through dialysis.  I
> that would have made the movie better.
> Julie
Keep in mind, people do not like too much reality. Unlike cancer, diabetes
is perceived by the public as a clean disease. There is virtually no stigma
to having diabetes, unlike cancer. I thought the movie was well done. The
ending was very real, I've seen renal failure after and during pregnancy.,

 Contrary to popular belief, thinking does not cause brain damage.
A. L. Bender, M. D.