Re: [IP] diabetics in movies...Steel Magnolias

<<   not so rare in my reality......and can even happen with the best of
        care and > fully empowered.....
> Beverly  >>

Beverly is right.   These reactions can happen to anyone.   I've seen Type 1
adult diabetics (non-pumping) have some pretty severe reactions, including
seizures from their hypos.     My cousin was this way quite often in the
fews years before she passed on---from complications at 25.

This behavior can especially be seen in Diabetic children who aren't
feeling their lows yet----or can't verbalize them.    Many was the time that
Zachary would become so low that as we tried to treat him with glucose tabs
or juice, etc. he would become violent.    It was always especially hard when
he would keep screaming "Mommy!" and not realize that I was the one he
was violently fighting.     Between the ages 7-10 we had 4 incidences alone
at the subdivision pool where he had been so active that by the time we
found him staggering out of the water he wouldn't recognize me.    I usually
ended up covered with juice or soda that he would spill on me, or spit on me
when he did'n't want to drink it.

Course I'd rather battle these lows then the ones where I find him already
slipping into a seizure (5 dawn seizures since 2/15/02 alone).

Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
Fenton, MO