Re: [IP] diabetics in movies...Steel Magnolias

I too have had seizures when I am low.  I have been diabetic since I was 11
(I am now 20) and this has only happened twice, although both within the last
2 years.  One time I was with my family just before dinner.  I had taken my
insulin, and dinner ended up taking a bit longer than expected, needless to
say, I had a seizure, and passed out, falling off the kitchen chair I was
sitting on, and hitting my head on the hard tile floor getting a baseball
size lump and a concussion, and I woke up in the back of the ambulance.  The
second time, about 3 months ago, I again had a seizure, passed out and this
time hit my head on the tile window sill.  So, yes, people really do have
those bad of reactions to low blood sugars.
       ~Erin