Re: [IP] Animas R1000 switchover from MM 508

At 01:36 PM 7/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Maybe this wasn't a pump situation, but a very hot insulin situation if you
>let it get hot while you were cutting grass. The insulin probably lost it's
>potency from the heat breaking it down.

I find this hard to believe, but know it is possible.  I live in AZ and
spend quite a bit of time outside in the summers ( 100 - 118 ).  I have
been on long motorcycle trips in the heat and never a problem with my
insulin going bad.  Granted when I am out in the sun I have the pump in a
pocket or covered somehow.  I have used both Humalog and Novolog.  Hmm,
Ok.   I guess the Novolog I can't attest too since I have only been using
that since Nov 2001 and this summer I can't go out do to the injuries on my
legs do to having several problems riding a motorcycle.  :-)  Couldn't
resist.  So maybe Novolog reacts differently.