Re: [IP] diabetics in movies...Steel Magnolias

Julie asked:

>There's a scene in that movie where they are getting their hair done
>and the diabetic character has a reaction...  do people really have
> >reactions like that?  People I know who have seen the movie always >say,
>"does that ever happen to you?"  Sure I have reactions, bad ones >too, but
>I have never acted like the girl in the movie did.  I'm just >curious to
>know if anybody else has those syptoms, or if it was just >played that way
>for the movie.

Yeah, I've had reactions that look like that, or similar to it, anyway.
Maybe a lot of it was for the benefit of the viewing audience, and a low
*doesn't* look like that for the average person, but there are some people
who have a really bad time with it.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1