Re: [IP] Re: Lantus and Pumps

My daugher has a 508 Minimed pump.  She also lifeguards 5-6 days per
week.  She does not wear her pump when lifeguarding.  Her endo suggested
switching to lantus, because N just wasn't doing it for her when she was
lifeguarding.  She has tried it one day using the dose the doctor
suggested, but her blood sugars were high the entire time - obviously,
not a large enough dose, which she will increase.    The next day
(yesterday), she did not have to work, so I told her to use her pump for
the day.   Does anyone know if it's ok to switch back and forth like that
- lantus some days and the pump other days?

    Thanks for any suggestions~~~!!!

Bev Paul

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IP] Re: Lantus and Pumps >Date: Thu, 4
Jul 2002 16:08:17 EDT > >Maybe this is not for everyone, but I plan on
using both Lantus or pump >therapy to control my diabetes over the next
several years. Anyone else >already and/or considering doing this??? For
me, to use just one therapy >long term is tough. You either run out of
decent performing sites with a >pump or you grow weary of 6-10 injections
a day. And both ave their other >mental challenges. But utilizing both
therapies has worked very well for me- >(Things I won't do is ever go
back to NPH or an insulin premixed of 70/30 >etc........or a finger stick
blood meter. One Touch Ultra for the arm is >priceless-) Pumps are great
but if possible, consider a pump vacation via >Lantus once in awhile- Or
in my case, a Lantus vacation with a pump, har! > >Bryon