Re: [IP] is diabetes considered to be a disability

At 10:03 AM 7/4/2002, you wrote:
>Hey, I work in a hospital.  I've seen the end results.  But that is the end
>result, the complications from diabetes are the disability, not the diabetes

Depending how Diabetes effects each person diabetes can be a disability.  I
think it is important that we remember that diabetes effects everyone
differently and that a disability in one persons eyes may not be a
disability in someone else.

I also work in a hospital and I also work with many diabetics  I know a few
where their diabetes (and not any complications) can be a disability for
those few.

Diabetes is truly a YDMV  (Your Disease May Vary) situation  ;-)

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
www.DiabetesBytes.com  *New*