[IP] Re: Guesssig BSg's

>From: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Re: blood test frequency
>Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:50:49 EDT
>
>Cynthia,
>I don't see anything wrong with testing 10 times a day-  I test between
>8-14
>times a day and go bonkers if I can't find my meter-  Since going to my
>arms,
>testing is "painless" and my insurance covers as many sticks as the Doc
>orders- Being 39 and having diabetes since 3/76, I can't tell no matter
>what
>some days where my BSg is-  One of my faults of growing up with diabetes is
>that I could tell where my BSg's was   most of the time without testing!
>Right...................- Being older and wiser, I know nothing without my
>meter (-:
>
>Bryon
>email @ redacted

Being 39 and having diabetes since 3/76, I can't tell no matter what
some days where my BSg is-  One of my faults of growing up with diabetes is
that I could tell where my BSg's was   most of the time without testing!
Right...................- Being older and wiser, I know nothing without my
meter

This is spooky,  I am 36 years old (dxn at 15) and hardly never tested my
BSg until the last 6 months.  My line (or defense) always was "I could tell
whe my BSg is at any time within 20 mg/dl".  Since I started testing, I have
found that I have hypoglycemic unawareness and my lows don't warn me until I
am <30.  Turns out that my "guesses" were very wrong.  Testing 6 times/day
now.