Re: [IP] Where I wear my pump.

OMG Julie, too funny.  I work with D. Ed and you can only imagine how many people
who believe that "they only have a touch of sugar".  Of course, this denial leads
to them understanding that "they have more sugar now", lol.  Sorry to laugh, but
I always get a kick out of these people.  It doesn't seem to matter how much you
educate them, they're living back when type 2 was truly described as having a
"touch of sugar".  Ahhh, too much...

Anyway, I agree with you and showing off your pump.  I have to test Jon at school
(well, at nursery school I did, things should be different in kindergarden) and
also bolus him.  Kids would always stand with their little mouths open wide,
questions running through their heads.  I always explain what it is and have Jon
"show off" his pump and site.  The kids really get it.  Kids are so smart.  It is
just matter of fact.  Yes, I have diabetes and this is my insulin pump.  Other
kids are "Oh, cool!"  I think it is way better to share than to hide it and have
kids (or adults) wonder.

Susan