No Subject

In the post below you mention that Lilly has had some
"talks" with many of the mail order
pharmacies....here's the kicker, it's the local
pharmacies and their distributors that seem to be the
problem in my area (with the exception of
Wal-Mart/Sam's in my case...they refrigerate best it
seems). So how can I get Lilly on their cases?

E.Lilly specifically states that their insulins (all
of them) should
be referigated if possible to extend their life. At
normal room
temperature, Humulin and Humalog lose appx 1-1 1/2 %
of strength per
month. The process is very non-linear. In a frig, the
deterioriation takes months. At elevated temperatures
like a truck or
hot mail box, insulin can be destroyed in a matter of
hours. This is
direct from E.Lilly.

They do have shipping and handling guidelines that I
have not seen,
but I've been told by their in-house people that
they've had some
knock-down drag-out confrontations with some of the
mail order
pharmacies about shipping practices. You will note
that most of them
now ship in chilled/insulated packages.

email @ redacted

Do You Yahoo!?