Re: [IP] is diabetes considered to be a disability

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jef Lepine" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] is diabetes considered to be a disability

> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 email @ redacted wrote:
> > In a message dated 7/3/02 12:36:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
> > email @ redacted writes:
> > > Hi,
> > > Is diabetes consideres a disability under the Americans with
> > > act of 1990??????? Need to know cause of work So please respond
> > >
> > YES!!! it is listed in the Act.....
> Does this bother anyone else? This really bothers me. I am *NOT* disabled.
> I may have this crazy disease, but I am FAR from disabled.
> I understand this is great protection for some, but think twice about
> calling *ME* disabled.
> :)
> -Jef
> T1 nine years, and STILL very healthy.

Jef, this does not bother me at all...I cannot work because of the diabetes.
Everytime I work or go to school I get sicker and sicker untill I end up in
DKA. Couldn't complete high school or college, held several jobs, all with
the same result...a hospital visit. If it was that diabetes was considered a
disability, I would be SOL with getting any moeny coming into my household.
I am not married either, so my disability chekc is the only money coming
into my household. It also would mean that I would not have any insurance at

Cherry & Wild Cherry Jubilee also known as Shrieking Shrew