[IP] re: humalog refigeration

YES I too have gotten "luke warm - room temp" Humalog
from the pharmacy, and when I pointed out that problem
with refrigeration and temp control to my pharmacist,
she shrugged it off and said that's how it comes to
them also. Then I remarked that it made the shelf life
of the insulin doubtful and that I had NEVER gotten it
that way from any other pharmacy in the area. Problem
is, my husband works at a specialty hospital and in
order to get the best price ($40 vs. $80 for a 3 month
supply) we have to get Rxs at the hospital pharmacy.
Can you believe I am their ONLY type I diabetic?!?!
I'm guessing many people chose to pay the higher price
and go elsewhere, no way with the number of staff and
long term out patients am I the only Type 1. I'm in
Atlanta...it's not like its a small town pharmacy
(been there, done that and actually think my small
town pharmacist knew more because he HAD to...he was
it for 50 miles).
kat
--- insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted>
wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest     Wednesday, July 3 2002
>  Volume 06 : Number 433

> This issue of the digest contains:
> [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #428
> Re: [IP] Pump exchange
> Re: [IP] Insulin storage
> Re: [IP] Pump exchange  (batteries)
> [IP] Minimed...
> [IP] Re: pump, pump, vs pum,p....yada...
> Re: [IP] Pump exchange
> [IP] re: pump exchange
> Re: [IP] Pump exchange
> [IP] Pump exchange
> [IP] Glucowatch offer (FREE UPGRADE)
> [IP] Re: how long to adjust
> [IP] humalog refrigeration
> Re: [IP] humalog refrigeration
> Re: [IP] Pump exchange
> Re: [IP] re: pump exchange
> Re: [IP] Paradigm vs. others
> Re: [IP] Minimed...vcr tape
> [IP] Kaiser says "no go" to Paradigm upgrade
> Re: [IP] Kaiser says "no go" to Paradigm upgrade
> [IP] Re: exercise and hypos and hypers
> [IP] Forearm blood
> Re: [IP] Forearm blood
> Re: [IP] Saving posts from the digests...
> Profile of Diane Leamy <email @ redacted>
> Profile of Debbie Nance <email @ redacted>
> [IP] 508 bolusing itself?
> RE: [IP] Forearm blood
> RE: [IP] humalog refrigeration
> RE: [IP] humalog refrigeration
> [IP] DFW Support Group July 18th

> Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:23:39 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #428

> Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>

> > Subject: [IP] Diabetes Story
> >
> Ive not had the opportunity to read this.  Please
> tell me where I can get a
> copy or e-mail it to me directly.  Thanks
> -

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
> send a DONATION
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:27:57 -1000
> From: "Vicki Riehn" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Pump exchange
>
> Heather, thanks one other question - sorry but I
> notice for the batteries
> you recommend Energizer Brand batteries for the pump
> and remote.  WalMart
> here only carries the 12 volt in Duracell Brand.
> Can I use them or can I
> buy batteries from MiniMed?
>
> thanks Vicki

=== message truncated ===