Re: [IP] is diabetes considered to be a disability

>So, if this is a disability, what do we get out of the fact? Do we
>get the little yellow parking tags so we can park in the handicapped
> >spaces at walmart? Maybe we can get extra returns on our taxes like
> >being blind? How is this tag of ours helping us?

You are eligible for the parking tags if you can get your doc to sign the
form for you.  That's all you need.  (You can get copies of the forms from
the internet by going to the website for your state DMV).

Here in Boston (and I am sure other states have the same benefit), a person
with a disability can ride public transportation for half price.

Movie theaters offer discounted tickets for people with disabilities, and
all you have to do is ask.  I'm certain that there are other facilities
(museums, etc.) that have similar benefits for people that identify
themselves as disabled.

(Of course, there is always the possibility that a service or vendor will
refuse to allow a benefit because you don't have a disability that is
obvious, but the ADA could cover that too, because they would still be
discriminating.  In the case of the majority of people on this list, all we
would have to do is show them our pump....)

Weird Jenn