Re: [IP] is diabetes considered to be a disability

I already responded to this thread once, but I wanted to also say thank you
to Wierd Jenn for her work on the ADA.  And Sylvia's post (below) reminded
me that I'm actually really worried about a diabetes/job problem.  I'm a
criminal defense attorney and I visit my clients in prison.  I haven't been
to prison since I started the pump in april and I have left my job and won't
be working for a while, but I am really concerned about what I'm going to do
when I do try to make a prison visit.  Are they going to let me in with my
pump?  The prison officials I've dealt with in the past certainly would not
have.  This problem is really not so different from a person in wheel chair
who doesn't have access because there's no ramp.  I think that the ADA would
certainly cover this problem as it is obvious that allowing me to wear my
pump would be a "reasonable accommodation."