Re: [IP] is diabetes considered to be a disability

> > > Hi,
> > > Is diabetes consideres a disability under the Americans with disabilities
> > > act of 1990??????? Need to know cause of work So please respond
> > >
> > YES!!! it is listed in the Act.....
> Does this bother anyone else? This really bothers me. I am *NOT* disabled.
> I may have this crazy disease, but I am FAR from disabled.
> I understand this is great protection for some, but think twice about
> calling *ME* disabled.

I admire your attitude, and certainly any able-bodied person
is entitled to bristle when called "disabled".

Can you really go all through a workday with no thought at all
to your diabetes? I actually hope not. I suspect that, in most
cases, one's boss has no problem with you taking a few minutes
to do a BG check or eat a snack, or even take a few hours off
for an endo visit. But, for the few out there who just have to
make things difficult, there's the ADA to fall back on.

Not that the ADA is a panacea. I'm not sure I could go on
working where I work if I had to bring a lawsuit to do it.
                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+
                I++ !M !MM N++ O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S#
                RLCT a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#