Re: [IP] is diabetes considered to be a disability

email @ redacted writes:

> > Does this bother anyone else? This really bothers me. I am *NOT* disabled.
> > I may have this crazy disease, but I am FAR from disabled.
> >
> > I understand this is great protection for some, but think twice about
> > calling *ME* disabled.
> > -Jef
       I have been IDD for 52 years, take 4 shots per day for near 20 years
for 32 years 1 shot a day, I have never thought I was disabled, probably
done more than if I had been diabetic free, just because individuals said I
could not do it.
       1. They said I could not get a pilots license, I did get a lighter
air (hot air Balloon) commercial, have in the 100s of accident free hours.
       2. Worked a full time job losing no time due to diabetes, later going
into my own insurance agency business for 39 years
       3. Rode a bicycle to Daytona Beach, FL 2 time, to New Orleans 1 time
many century ride, still at 73 yrs, ride over 300 miles per month. Rode the
bicycle from Atlanta, GA
       4. Camp about 50 days per year.
       5. Have a big garden keep it worked & harvested.
       6. Have traveled in commercial airlines many times.
       7. Could continue to name many more thing have done to prove the
one wrong who say cannot do certain things due to diabetes.
Elzie Speir