Re: [IP] is diabetes considered to be a disability

>>>Does this bother anyone else? This really bothers me. I am *NOT*
disabled. I may have this crazy disease, but I am FAR from disabled. I
understand this is great protection for some, but think twice about calling
*ME* disabled. Jef >>>

I believe (haven't researched it myself but this was discussed on another
list) that it's the complications that manifest that are the disabling
qualities. DM in itself is not disabling - severe neuropathy may be,
blindness, heart blockages, ESRD, and some of those as a result.

I also believe there are many people who are DMers who cannot understand the
disabilities DM can cause since they haven't been *hit* with them - yet, if
at all. At one time I could not understand why a lady had to quit working
because of it - it was beyond my comprehension. However, I am unable to work
and keep up with life now. YMMV (~_^)

@

* * * * * * One nation, under God * * * * * *