Re: [IP] Hallucinations?

In a message dated 7/3/02 10:49:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My daughter is 6 and has had her pump since Nov.  It has been
> wonderful!  She has been doing well, but we had a strange thing happen
> Monday, early morning.  She woke us up crying.  She was standing in the
> hall outside her room when I got to her.  Her heart was racing and she
> was awake.  She was seeing something in her doorway and was jerking
> uncontrollably.  She was terrified.

At first I thought it might be night terrors.  They are like nightmares
except that the child seems to be awake (eyes open, etc).  But then when I
read that she remembers what she saw.......that doesn't usually happen with
night terrors.  I'm not sure what it might be but I'll tell you this....I
have the exact same thing happen to me at least once a week.  I wake up in a
panic because I *see* the ceiling fan coming toward me or the lamp moving
around the bedroom, sometimes even more interesting things  LOL. I'm sort of
halfway between asleep and awake because I'm aware of what's going on.  I had
just attributed it to stress, had never thought of it being linked to lows.
If anybody out there knows what this might be, let me know too.......and
please don't tell me I'm nuts....I know that already :-)

Sharon J
also from NC (maybe there's something in the water here?)