[IP] Kaiser says "no go" to Paradigm upgrade

I received my MM508 in December 2001 with the understanding that I would
soon upgrade to the Paradigm.  I've followed the Minimed protocol and
have my "upgrade session" scheduled for July 13th in Anaheim, California.
 Just one small glitch...my health insurer, Kaiser Permanente, apparently
has yet to contract with Minimed for the Paradigm supplies (my NP says
they have a tentative contract meeting on July 15th).

So...I can get the Paradigm, but I have no supplies.  Minimed says go
ahead and purchase, and maybe Kaiser will reimburse.  Kaiser says "No
way."  I will not be reimbursed for any supplies that I purchase outside
of Kaiser.

I'm stuck!  Anyone else with this problem?  BTW, I love my MM508, but I
really want a pump I can easily wear in the shower or pool.