Re: [IP] sun and high readings

> For the past several days I have laid out in the sun and took a nap
> for about one hour, this is after eating lunch I took the proper
> bolus.  Coming inside my readings are about 180 pts higher.  Make
> corrections and am fine the rest of the day and night.  Anyone have
> similar experiences.  Have been pumping since Nov 1, 2001.

well.... looks like you don't burn as much energy when you "nap in
the sun" so you probably need more insulin to compensate for the lack
of activity to "use up the carbs". I know if we go on a long car
trip.... say half a day or more.... Lily needs more insulin to
compensate for her lack of activity. This is always the case.