Re: [IP] Starting on the Pump and Surgery

>I am scheduled to start pumping next Tuesday, and just found out today my gall
>bladder needs to come out within a couple weeks.
>
>Should I postpone beginning on the pump?

Personally I would.  If you feel you are doing well on the pump then you
and pump go into surgery otherwise you could disconnect during surgery but
risk the chances of going too high.

>  Go on it next week, then off again for surgery and recovery?

Again I would leave it on and make certain they do NOT put dextrose in your
IV.  It really is your comfort level.  I have had 10+ surgeries in the last
9 months ( sorry lost count after 10 ) and my pump was always with
me.  Depending on where my blood sugars were just before going into the OR
I would do a temp decrease.  I never went low and I wish I could say I
never went high but do to the surgery and all the infection I did wake up
in the 200 plus range.

Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to email me
privately if you would like.

Fran