[IP] Re: sun and high readings

In a message dated 7/2/02 email @ redacted writes:

<< I have laid out in the sun and took a nap for about one hour, this is
after eating lunch I took the proper bolus.  Coming inside my readings are
about 180 pts higher. >>

I have always had a problem with being in the sun in the summer making me
need more insulin, even when I can't perceive any skin redness (when I have
gotten sunburns in the past, my blood sugar has tended to skyrocket).  I
assume it is not a universal reaction, since doctors have always seemed
suprised, often doubtful.  And, also, I tend not to utilize the insulin very
effectively if I nap after eating.

Linda Z