Re: [IP] Animas pump

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rachel Keeler" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 8:11 AM
Subject: [IP] Animas pump

> Hello,
> My name is Rachel and I am new to this list. I am in the process of trying
> to choose which pump to order, and I am thinking about getting the Animas.
> I am wondering if any of you who use the Animas pump could tell me if
> you're happy with that particular pump, if there are any problems with it,
> how you have found the company, etc.
> Thanks,
> Rachel
> (age 28, IDDM diagnosed nine years ago)

Hi Rachel!

    I have had my Animal (Animas) Pump since November of last year. I love
it. It is the bestthing that has happened to me. I have had MM in the past,
and it is a very good pump also, but I have not been able to achieve the
control that I have now on Animas. My last A1c was 8.7....a far cry from the
14% that it used to be on MM. By the way, I have been pumping since
1994...almost 8 years. I have found that the faster more frequent insulin
delivery has been very beneficial. And the Company reps are very helpful and
frindly. With my MM, after I received the pump, I never heard from my rep
again...that is until the 506 died and I needed to upgrade to a 507. But
with Animas, I haer from my rep at leaast once a month and not only do I
hear from my rep, but other people from the company call to see how I am
doing and if I need anything. They are wonderful, and like somebody else
pointed out, a lot of the people who work for Animas are diabetic and are
pumpers. I know several used to work for (and wore) other insulin pumps, but
when they switched over to Animas, they switched pumps also. I know this is
true of my own rep. They are very friendly and down to Earth people, who
genuinly want to help. They do anything in their power to help you get the
pump, especially if the insurance company is being difficult.
    I don't know about any of the other pump companies, but
MiniMed/Medtronic. Minimed is a very good company too. I don't mean to cause
a pump war here. So I am going ot put in a few good words about that company
too. MM also geniunly cares about their customers, they have also been in
the business a lot longer than any of the other pump companies...except
maybe Disetronic (not sure which come first) I do not know anything about
their newest pump, the Paradigm, though.
    I hope this helps in some way.
    Take care!

Cherry and Wild Cherry Jubliee...also known as Shrieking Shrew
D since 1990...pumping since 1994