Re: [IP] My pump for donation

> This may seem naove, but I'm curious. Since my insurance company paid
> for my pump, how is it then that I could receive a financial benefit
> (i.e. tax deduction) for something I didn't pay for outright in the
> first place? Just curious about the legality of it all.
>
> Lydia

=======
Just a thought....if you received a huge engagement ring (you know the Hope
Diamond)...the marriage went belly up......you didn't pay for the ring in $$
but it is yours to sell......if it is yours, no matter how you received
it.....you may sell it.....not a lawyer but an artist....lol Beverly
=======

The line on donations for income taxes states *the amount in which a willing
seller and willing buyer would pay*. That is how the value is set. What if
you inherited a house and donated it to your church for a parsonage or
missionary home - you would claim the fair market value. YMMV? (~_^)

@

* * * * * * God Bless America * * * * * *