Re: [IP] Minimed vs Animas vs etc

>>>I've been reading though all the posts pertaining to pump companies and
to choose and I have to say that I am getting a little annoyed at all the
posts that seem to be "anti" Minimed.  I don't know why more Minimed users
don't write to say why they chose them over the other companies or about
more positive MM experiences. <snip> Sharon J>>>

I began using CPI/Lilly pumps in 1983. When that company got out of the pump
business 9 years later, a MiniMed rep contacted me to tell of the new 506
pump. I did not want to give up pumping and sure didn't want a Eugly pump -
they were *ugly*. I also didn't want a pump with a clock in it since *I*
wanted to be in control when my boluses were delivered - not the pump's
preset clock!! The rep explained the 506 and what it did. I bit. Gladly.

The 506 lasted me six years; I now have a 507c. I can only compare my MM's
with CPI - the delivery on the MM is much slower than CPI's were which
caused me a lot of pain so I had to break up a bolus of 6u into 3, delay 3
min, and infuse the other 3 (automatically, BTW). I love the clicks on the
MM - a LOT better than the pumps with the red flashing lights!!! This
assures me it's working and also that a bolus is infusing. If it's silent,
something is wrong. I love the sapphire blue and the shape and size of my
507c. It is aesthetically very pleasing.

We have a dark green Dodge Grand Caravan and I wonder why everyone doesn't
have one (although I see a zillion .5 on the road). I'd recommend it to
others, but I realize not everyone has the same needs, wants, and or
desires. My uncle and a friend of my folks used to have Ford/Chevy *wars*
but it accomplished nothing. I see no reason to have pump wars on here. Each
company has individuals who work for them. Animas is a new company and
therefore, they have to prove themselves in the market so extensively reach
out to please everyone. Some people are Wal*Mart shoppers, some people are
Target shoppers. That's free enterprise. The best thing is to check the
companies' pumps' features and make your individual choice. What works for
some may not work for another.

When I upgrade, it will be a 508. YMMV (~_^)

...until the next inevitable *round of pump wars*...

If two people agree on everything, one of them isn't necessary