[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #429

Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 20:48:15 -0400
From: "Patrick G. Jobe" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:Question about Pumps & Cruise Ships

>> Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to keep insulin (the extra bottles
>> of humalog) cool on a road trip, outside of the usual ice packs, etc.  The
>> ice packs eventually thaw out, so what do you do then?
>> Thanks.
I have a great cooler from Iglo.  It has an actual motor which is
plugged into the cig lighter and runs all the time.  I use it all year
long as our area is very warm.
I have used it when traveling all over CA.  Works very well and hasn't
failed us in 4 years.
((((I have just been warned that the KLEZ virus is in this digest.  My
Norton isolated and quarantined it and will destroy it.  Keep your virus
detectors on!)))