From: Katherine Reilly McGovern [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 9:40 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] my story

I wanted to share with you all an essay I wrote last year as I struggled
with retinopathy and thought a lot about my identity as a woman with
diabetes. I wrote it for a primarily non-diabetic audience and it's
clearly just my experiences and thoughts, but I just wanted to put it
out there. Some things in my life have changed since the time I wrote
it--like getting my pump, beginng a relationship with a very accepting
man, and completing the hell that was law school!

It's posted at the Moxie Magazine web site, under the "Real Life"
section and it's titled "My Life as a Body".

http://www.moxiemag.com/moxie/articles/real/index.html

Thanks for letting me share!
Katie McGovern
email @ redacted
pumping since 11/01--got my paradigm last night!