RE: [IP] ...pump trainer said shouldn't.....

I'm laughing at the message re Linda's d.e. getting ticked off...mine got me
the tape and book and I was reading about it for months on end, how to
bolus, count carbs., etc. since it took me 6 months to get my pump...

However, when I was running into dead ends, one of my friends via the
internet told me to get the Pumping Insulin book which I did and started
reading it and certain lights started to come on..when I saw her again and
showed her the book and asked if she had read it she said "oh yeah, I have
the original one that came out and read it"..and she was like ticked off
that I should go against anything she told me...

Well, I've fought tooth and nail on lots of issues with her and my dr., and
am still doing so because I can't get straight answers...so don't let her
get you down...sometimes they feel like they are Gods...

Hey, anyone read the article in Diabetes Forecast or Diabetes Self
Management a few months back about the d.e. who pretended to be a diabetic
for a month?  She actually checked her b.g. 4x's a day, counted her carbs
and everything else she ate, injected saline solution and kept an accurate
log, all while she was juggling her job, kids., etc...

Now she said after a month, she could feel what we diab. feel, just by all
the testing, counting and shooting and not even having to deal with the
high's and lows and everything else that goes with it.

hats off to her, I think every doctor and d.e. should go through this and
have some sort of idea of what we have to go through...
Kathy b.