Re: [IP] Re: DrugDigest E-Bulletin: Depression Affects Progression andOutcome of Diabetes

Denise Guerin wrote:
> The
> complications that I developed in the course of my now 47 years of diabetes
> all occurred following  times of deep depression

> <snip>

> In the meantime,
> the authors recommend that an on-going evaluation of the mental and
> emotional status of a person with diabetes should be integrated into
> standard treatment of the disease.
> >
> > Source
> > Association of depression and diabetes complications: a meta-analysis.
> Psychomatic Medicine. 2001;63:619-630.

someone on the list earlier made the observation that someday depression
might be recognized as a diabetic complication (of course they are all
potential). there is a definite chemical relation between the two. i
will try and find some bookmarked research papers on this topic and send
to the list.

chris parsons
T1 84 HTRON Plus 99