Re: [IP] Start my pump on Monday & gluten intolerance anyone?

Linda,
If it weren't for this list I wouldn't have known a thing about pumps- Then
when we bought my first one through the classifieds and I was tooo sick to
even have anyone come to my home or for me to go  anywhere and my doctor
said to go ahead and set it up because of my medical background I was still
very nervous and really I was afraid. I don't remember if I wrote alot but I
sure read every note. I set it up and in 2 hours I was pumping and thankful
because it enables me to keep in my prednisone and still have decent blood
sugars. I am not able to keep perfect blood sugars because of other health
problems I have but I am doing very good.
I believe  we have our rights to learn about medical technical devices
before we even get them. Why should a CDE, pump trainer or anyone else want
to deny you that? I don't understand.
Education is a tool which allows us to learn about what this is all about
and also enriches us so we can stay as healthy as we can be. It Is our life
and our body we have to live with and diabetes is a disease which we need to
know about so we can be in charge of our own health needs.
I hope you plan on staying! :)
Ginny
PS I have gluten intolerance-
Wish upon a star