[IP] Insulin stinging

> A while ago on another list there was a similar
> discussion.  Some people never experience the sting, others (myself
> included) felt it quite often.  It was decided that perhaps the canula was
> close to a nerve ending, or muscle.  I don't know what causes it, or how to
> fix it, but I usually just find that if I bite the bullet and ignore it,
> (which isn't always easy, sometimes it REALLY burns), I don't have to waste
> a set and replace it.  The burn has no effect on my absorbtion level, or
> anything.

For those who have sensitive systems the stinging could be caused by the
delivery rate of their particular pump. Some deliver more slowly than others.
This could be a major consideration. My first 2 pumps delivered quickly and I
had to break up a 6u bolus in 3 and 3 with a 3 min. interval to tolerate it.
YMMV (~_^)

(including an album of the EVOLUTION OF PUMPS) with 10 additional models
A successful man is one who can earn more money than his family can spend.