Re: [IP] Unbelievably no pump was best thing...

<<I'm thanking my lucky stars that my pump was not on because we had such
horrible service from the restaurant we had dinner at that I would have
bottomed out. But, because I wasn't on my pump, I went to take my insulin
before we were seated (I was a bit high) figuring the insulin would be
working fine by the time food got to the table.  With no basal running, I
figured no risk.  TWO HOURS later I hadn't gotten my food (only rolls at
table).  Well, between the stress and lack of basal, I wasn't bottomed out.
The way I figure things, if I had pulled that trick of taking my insulin
pre-meal with my pump, I never would have made it that long. >>

When eating out, Ill do a correction bolus, but I usually dont  bolus (or
shoot) for a meal until  the foods in front of me. You never know how things
are going in the kitchen or if the staff is good.