RE: [IP] pump bolusing amounts

It is a very individual thing.  I use 1 unit to 5 carbs.  And yes, I feel
bad that it is so high.  But, I also think that if that is what it takes to
keep my blood sugars normal, then so be it.  Regardless of insulin
sensitivity, weight, activity, other medications, and what it is I am
eating - the goal is to keep my blood sugars in range.  So, that is what I
try to do.

Now, I have been gradually reducing my insulin needs for basil rates.  I
would elaborate, but it seems I take quite a bit more insulin than others.
I began pumping 3/1/00.  And have cut my insulin by 40%.  So, I feel good
about it.  And so should you.

Keep smiling,
Bethany
Dxd age 1984