[IP] Bard

>Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:27:43 EDT
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #320
 >However, what are BARDS???  Please advise!

Bard is a protective barrier.  It comes in a little package like an alcohol wipe. You wipe it on the area to be protected, let it dry, and insert your cannula. I have used it with several of the tapes and had success. I am allergic to something in all of the tapes, but it isn't latex.  It is an ostemy supply, but it works for us.
There are 50 of the wipes in a package, and cost $7.72 at my local pharmacy. I seem to remember it was $22 from Minimed, but I'm not sure if that was for 1 box or 2.
Ask your pharmacist to look it up in his ostemy supply book, as it isn't something most people use, and will probably have to be ordered.