Re: [IP] re: freestyle meter

I had a problem with the FastTake (that I haven't seen mentioned here) that
cause me some concern.  Ordinarilly, I use a OneTouch Profile (and I love
it), and got a FastTake because it was free and I figured I should have a
"back up meter".  For about two days I did comparison tests, with both
meters and in every single instance, the FastTake was 200 points higher than
with the OneTouch.

I called the manufacturer and was told that the FastTake was programmed to
match a specific type of lab test, and would give *exactly* the same results
as the lab.

Now, I'm wondering, since the tests that my docs do are always *way off*
from my own tests, how am I ever going to know what's going on, or is it a
case of reality being somewhere between the two extremes?

Anyone else had this problem?

>EXACTLY!!  I had the same experience with my FastTake and Ultra!!  And
>doing back to back with those two I had variations of up to 125 points
>within one minute, both same sample and different fingers/hands!!  I

AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
Yahoo:  JudyGale