[IP] Re: I'm stumped

Shelly Fast wrote:
>I always have the late bg rise occur with
>shellfish:  shrimp, crab, mussels, clams,
>abalone and calamari!  Even when it is not
>fried I have to square wave bolus over
>about six hours to keep the late bg rise
>under control.  For me, I double the amount
>of insulin I would normally take based on
>the weight of the shellfist, then I take one
>third now and two thirds over six hours.
>That *usually* works.

That's interesting! And this doesn't happen
when you eat other high-protein foods? Maybe
that was my problem. I eat a lot of fish, but
I rarely eat seafood (the only kinds I really
like are shrimp, mussels, and squid). Anyway,
I haven't had much experience with how sea-
food affects my blood sugar, and I figured it
would act like any other protein.

/Janet Lafler