Re: [IP] meter testing

Yes, dear. we know that. JUST MY two cents worth.  OH, btw? My lab I go to, is good with DEX abd ULTRA as well.

Jenny Sutherland
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Handsfield, James H.

  Even more than YMMV is that your *METER'S* mileage may vary!  Home test
  meters have a precision of approximately +/- 20% (that's an approximation of
  the real standard).  That includes the CGMS.  When you get two meters that
  can have that much variability, then it's not surprising that one gets
  different readings.  What is actually surprising is the number of times
  there is good correlation between meters.

  Moral: it is not appropriate to compare readings from different home glucose
  meters (or CGMS).  To check accuracy and/or precision, they must be compared
  to a moderate complexity *LAB* glucose test, adjusting as necessary for
  whole blood/serum differences.

  Jim Handsfield
  email @ redacted OR